Dr. Caitlin Claggett Woods
My practice focuses on the treatment of OCD and related disorders (BFRBs, hoarding disorder, body dysmorphic disorder), anxiety-related disorders (social, generalized, panic, agoraphobia, phobias, health), and PTSD. I also provide psychological assessments and reports for diagnostic clarification.
My therapeutic style has been described as firm but kind, as approachable, compassionate, and knowledgeable, tackling difficulties with a balanced and healthy sense of humour. As one of my clients puts it, “professional and able to maintain difficult and emotional conversation while continuing to be high energy, optimistic, and full of fun quips and comments!” As I say at the beginning of therapy, particularly about exposure work, “I guarantee that at some point you will laugh!”
We will always have a road map for treatment. An agreed upon plan of where we are going, and what we are going to do to get there. It will not always be comfortable, but it will be valuable. Helping you to overcome the monster on your back and reclaim your life. I’ll link therapy to your values so that sessions are focused on more than just symptom reduction; they’re about building a more meaningful life.
My approach to therapy is cognitive behavioural, utilizing specialized and evidence-based treatment approaches for specific concerns (e.g., Exposure and Response Prevention, Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Habit Reversal Training, Behavioural Activation, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
I have received extensive training in the conditions that I treat, with the privilege of completing clinical placements at McLean Hospital's OCD Institute (OCDI), the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CARD) at Boston University, and at Rogers Behavioral Health in Wisconsin, with a special focus on the treatment of severe OCD and PTSD. I regularly attend professional conferences to continue to grow in my clinical skill.
- College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO)
- The Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- The International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
Other Professional Contributions
- I have presented at national and international conferences. As well, I’ve participated as an invited speaker on podcasts and livestream events for professional organizations
- I am a member of the faith-based task force with the International OCD Foundation
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Suffolk University, 2017
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Suffolk University, 2014
- B.A. (Honours) Psychology, University of Waterloo, 2011
Clinical Services for Adults, 18-65 years
- Diagnostic Assessments
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- OCD-Related Disorders (Body-focused repetitive behaviour disorders, hoarding disorder, body dysmorphic disorder)
- Anxiety-Related Disorders (social, generalized, panic, agoraphobia, phobias, health)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder