My therapeutic style is warm, genuine, and non-judgmental. I will work collaboratively with you to understand your concerns and identify what triggers and maintains your specific problem(s). Together, we will come up with a treatment plan that is in line with your needs and goals. Using evidence based treatment approaches, we will work together to build on your strengths and develop new skills to reduce distress and improve your quality of life.
I am a registered Clinical and Health Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. My therapeutic orientation is primarily grounded in cognitive-behavioural therapies [i.e., Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT-informed)], and I integrate motivational interviewing and emotion-focused approaches.
Aside from working in private practice, I currently work part-time as a psychologist in the Substance Use and Concurrent Disorders Program at the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre (ROMHC). I am involved in the training and supervision of doctoral students in clinical psychology from the University of Ottawa and psychology residents at the ROMHC.
CLINICAL SERVICES FOR ADULTS, 18-65 YEARS
- Anxiety (social, panic, worry, phobias, health)
- Coping and adjustment with health conditions (cancer, HIV, pain)
- Substance Use
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Interpersonal relationship difficulties
- Stress Management
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment
- Clinical and Health Psychologist (College of Psychologists of Ontario; CPO#6020)
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Ottawa, 2015
- Masters (M.A.) in Experimental Psychology, Carleton University, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Carleton University, 2004
OTHER PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS
- I am a current member of the Membership Committee of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA). I am a former member of the Education and Training Committee of the Canadian Psychological Association.
- I continue to inform my clinical practice by conducting research (e.g., program development and research) and presenting my research at national and international conferences.
- I have published research in peer-reviewed scientific journals including, Canadian Psychology, Pediatrics, Eating Disorders: Journal of Treatment and Prevention, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- I continue my professional development through regular attendance at national and international workshops and conferences, and keeping up to date with the scientific and clinical literature.
- The Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies (CABCT)
- The Ottawa Academy of Psychology (OAP)
HOW TO REACH ME
Practice Line: (613) 695-0900